Dark circles are very common skin problem among both women and men. Dark circles may appear from a plenty of reasons and some of them includes; hereditary, a distressed lifestyle, hormonal changes, lack of sleep, stress and many more. If this condition is not treated promptly, they will dull your overall look as well as will cause some severe health issues.
Therefore, it is better to treat the condition before it may get worse. There are lots of natural treatment methods that can help to get rid of dark circles.
These top 5 methods to get rid of dark circles around eyes naturally are listed below:
At times, the blood vessels close to your eyes enlarge and they come as dark circles as skin close to the eyes is thinner. Cold compress help to shrink these blood vessels. You can use frozen spoon, an ice bag, iced water, cold milk etc. to reduce the dark circles. Also, pineapple, cucumber, and chilled potato are useful to eliminate dark circles.
Similarly, you may use the additional methods to treat dark circles by a cold compress:
- Take some icy water. You can also use cold milk.
- Dip a clean rag in this icy milk or water
- Now close your eyes.
- Put that cold drenched rag over your eyes.
- Rest it there until it gets warm
- Dip it again and put over the eyes. Reiterate this process for about 10-15 minutes.
2.) Use Cool Cucumber
Cucumber is considered as the most popular natural treatment method to remove dark circles in eyes. Many explores have noticed that cucumber consists of a range of antioxidants, such as isoscoparin, orientin, cucurbitacins, vitexin, as well as vitamin C and vitamin K that help decrease staining under eyes. The antioxidants found in cucumber seem to assist ease the irritation, forming puffiness under the eyes plus also the dark circles. All you need to do is to place cold cucumber slices over your eyes, and the cold temperature assist in calming the puffiness by reducing aggregation of fluid under eyes.
Methods to Employ Cucumber to reduce Dark Circles Naturally
- Take a cucumber and cut it into slices. Lie down and close down your eyes. Put a cucumber slice on your both the eyes. When the slices become less cold, then change them and put other fresh and cold slices. Do this process for approx 12-15 minutes to obtain better results.
- You can also extract the juice of a cucumber by grinding it. Now take a cotton ball and soak it within the juice and place the same over your eyes.
- As well as, you can combine cucumber juice and lemon juice to obtain apt results. Lemon will assist to decrease the dusk of under eyes skin with its organic bleaching properties.
3.) Crude Potato
Anything cold is very helpful to get rid of puffiness and dark circles under eyes. Potatoes can remain cold for longer period and are similarly loaded in a range of antioxidants such as vitamin C in company with dissimilar starch, enzymes, and nutrients that aid nurture your slender skin around the eyes. Furthermore, they are considered to have natural bleaching ingredients that brighten your skin tone around eyes.
Methods to use Potato to reduce Dark Circles naturally
- Take out a chilled potato from the refrigerator, and cut the same into slices. Now, you will have to put the chilled potato slices over your eyes covering up the dark skin below your eyes. Let it stay there for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- You can also prepare a potato eye pack simply by grating cold potatoes. Also, you can prepare a frozen poultice by wrapping grated potatoes inside cheesecloth. Put the same over your eyes for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Extract the potato juice from grated or crushed potato. Now soak a cotton ball inside the juice and place it over your eyes and particularly cover under eyes.
- To obtain the better result from both cucumber and potato, peel and cut one potato and half cucumber. Now crush them together. Now make use of a cloth or strainer to take out the juice. Place this extracted juice into the refrigerator until it becomes cold. Dip 2 cotton balls in this chilled juice of potato and cucumber and put them over your eyes for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
4.) Lemon – Turmeric – Tomato Eye Pack
Tomatoes are loaded with different nutrients, consisting of calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Iron, Sulfur, Vitamin B, Vitamin A, and vitamin C. tomato does contain bleaching properties and all of its nutrients make tomatoes an incredible remedy to treat dark circles. Lemon juice greatly has rock-solid bleaching ingredients as well as has a great upshot on skin. Turmeric assists in reducing puffy eye bags and dark circles with its anti-inflammatory characteristics. Prepare this enormously useful pack using all these components to reduce dark circles.
Lemon –Turmeric – Tomato Eye Pack
- 1 – Tomato
- ½ tsp – Lemon juice
- A tolerant squeeze – Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp – Gram flour
- Crush or grind the tomato and then take out its juice.
- Mix gram flour, turmeric, and lemon juice to the tomato juice
- Mix properly to make a paste.
- Put this paste over your eyes.
- Rest it for approx 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
5.) Pineapple – Turmeric
Turmeric was being used since ancient times to nurture the skin and provide it a natural sparkle. Turmeric contains curcumin component which is a great antioxidant and has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties which are helpful to lessen skin inflammation together with pigmentation, flaws, pimples, skin inflammation and many other skin condition. Pineapple has bromelain enzyme which extremely has organic anti-inflammatory properties to lessen the damage due to free radicals.
2 tsp – Turmeric powder
1-2 tsp – Fresh pineapple juice
- Combine turmeric powder and pineapple juice and make a paste.
- Put this paste under your eyes.
- Rest it for about 20-30 minutes
- Rinse with plain water.
We hope the methods listed above will help you get rid of dark circles around your eyes naturally.